Saturday, April 5, 2014

1 Button-Down | 3 Days | 3 Ways - Day 3

Thanks to Olivia, the three Boyer sisters, Jessica, Brigid and Charlotte, and to  Callie, and Ashley for hosting this fun challenge!!

Creations  by Callie: http://www.creationsbycallie.com
Bramblewood Fashion: http://www.bramblewoodfashion.com

Today was an interesting outfit choice. I had no idea what I was going to wear and then just decided to get really creative with how I style my top. I don't personally feel convicted to have my backside covered when I wear pants, but I know a lot of girls do and that's sort of how I came up with this fun ensemble. It's inspired by the pinterest posts about wearing a buttondown shirt as a skirt.


The shirt does add a little bulk around the waist so I wore a wide belt to define my waist better and to hold the sweater closed so you can't see where the outfit changes from a tee to the buttondown. 

Feel free to comment if you'd like a tutorial on how I wore my buttondown top as a bottom piece of my outfit! I post every Tuesday and Friday and I would love to share :)

Button down shirt/skirt ;) : same as days 1 and 2
Tee: Sonoma- Kohls: $5.80
Cardigan: Sonoma- Kohls: $17.60
Pants: Levi's- JC Penney: $? (Had them a long time!)
Boots: ?- JC Penney: $17.00

Hope you like it!
Have you ever worn a shirt as a skirt?






18 comments:

  1. That's a clever way to wear your shirt! I like your sweater with the belt too. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your outfit! That sweater is absolutely perfect!
    ~Laura
    dressingformysavior.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen the use of a shirt as a skirt before, actually. Creative! :)
    Your sweater is so lovely and cozy looking! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That sweater is so comfy! I was actually happy that it was colder today than it had been the past couple of days because that meant I got to wear it.

      -Jill
      www.thewizardofoddsandends.blogspot.com

      Delete
  4. Cool idea to wear the shirt like that! And I love how the sweater is such a bright and happy color :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I bought that sweater about a week ago. I needed a bright one to cheer me up after the long winter in NH!

      -Jill
      www.thewizardofoddsandends.blogspot.com

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful sweater! And your hair? Oh my! You have some hair that is just gorgeous! I like your belt idea too! I definitely will be following along! Hugs to you! Merry from eachlittlebird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the lovely comment Merry! :)

      Delete
  6. How did you do that with your shirt? It looks really neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Becca! Check back for my regular Tuesday post and I'll put up a short tutorial!

      Delete
  7. Jill,

    I was just checking out your blog and I absolutely love it! The outfits you have done over the past three days are beautiful, but this one has to be my favorite. :) I'll be checking back for the tutorial! :)

    In Christ,
    Andra andrasfinds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Andra! What a sweet comment!

      Delete
  8. Just wanted to thank you for the blog follow :) You're so sweet and friendly, and it's meeting girls like you that make these sorts of events fun! I don't post much anymore, but this little challenge reminded me how much I enjoy style blogging and how terrible I am at finding time to take and edit photos and posting regularly :/ I was thinking about starting to blog again, if only I figure out how to keep up with it! And I'll follow you back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so SO MUCH for your wonderfully kind comment!! I did this challenge to find other bloggers that are so kind and generous just like yourself. I really had trouble keeping up with my blog in the beginning. There are so many spans of time where I didn't post at all. The middle of last year was when I decided to give it one last, all out effort. You should definitely do some more blogging! Just pick a day once a week when you usually have some spare time and make sure to post on that day no matter how long or short it may be. Don't worry if you post a day late or even miss a week, just don't get discouraged and pick up again the next week. Again, thank you for such a sweet comment!

      Delete
  9. Love the creative way you styled your shirt! No I've never worn a shirt as a skirt; would love to see a tutorial! I've enjoyed all three of your outfits...very cute!
    ~Sarah~
    http://allthingsvintage-sc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah! If all goes as planned I'll have a tutorial up tomorrow.

      Delete