I had planned to have this post up last Friday, but I was away for the weekend and never got around to posting. Sorry! So, here it is for Tuesday. I am happy to say that Ireland of Ireland Rhea and Paige from Sunday Best and All the Rest nominated me for the Beautiful Blogger award! A HUGE thank you to Ireland and Paige for this nomination!! :)
Here are the rules if you decide to accept this award:
1. Thank the blogger who awarded you
2. Answer the ten questions he/she asked
3. Nominate ten bloggers to receive the award
4. Ask them ten questions
5. Let them know they've been awarded
1. What was your hardest subject in school?
Geometry. I do not miss that class one bit.
2. Do you play an instrument, and if so, which one?
I play a little of a lot of instruments. Flute, violin, harmonica, guitar, piano, voice if that counts. I think that's all.
3. What is your favorite color? And you have to pick ONE. No cop-outs.
My favorite color is probably blue. It looks nice when I wear it and I can wear it pretty much any season depending on the shade of blue.
4. Flip-flops or boots?
Flip-flops they are just so nice to wear. When you wear them that usually means it's WARM outside, or you can just slip them on if you're going out to get the mail or whatever and they're so inexpensive and come in all kinds of colors!
5. Football, soccer, or tennis?
I'll have to say tennis, though I hardly ever play or watch any of these.
6. Have you ever taken a self-defense course?
I have. They're pretty interesting and I'm sure they must be pretty useful.
7. What is one weak area of your life that you are working to improve?
Definitely my prayer life. I do not pray as much as could I'm trying to spend a little more time with God that way than just reading His Word.
8. Bible passage you are loving right now?
I have always loved Psalm 121
9. How would you describe your personal style?
It's blend. I try to incorporate a lot of classic pieces that I can wear for years.
10. What's your favorite way to work out? Again, no cop-outs. :)
I haven't worked out in a long time, I need to start again. I used to have a routine I loved. That included just low impact exercises like push ups, lunges, and planks.
1. How would you describe your personal style?
See number 9 above. :) Though, I feel like to add to that I should mention my fairly recent obsession with maxi skirts and that I should do a small ThredUp haul or something like that for next Friday's post. Hmmmm.....
2. What was your first pet?
A tabby cat named Tigger after the Winnie the Pooh's friend.
3. What is your ancestry (e.g. German, Italian)?
French and English
4. Dill pickles or sweet pickles ;) ?
5. What Bible character do you relate to the most (it can be character, life experiences, or anything like that)? That' skins of difficult off the top of my head. I'll have to say Martha. She was so worried to have a things just right for Jesus when she did not need to worry.
6. What is the first favorite scripture verse that comes to your mind?
7. Do you have any food allergies?
No, thankfully. My UC does cause some dietary restrictions, but I don't have any allergies.
8. You would be really excited if you woke up tomorrow morning to the smell of ____ cooking.
I don't think I would be really excited. I always like to have a fairly small breakfast. A spread of cooked breakfast yummies doesn't appeal to me, well, at the moment anyway.
9. What are you looking forward to this summer?
My first Summer Reading Program working at a library. I hear it's pretty exciting!
10. What is one thing you've learned from blogging?
Just to be myself.
Here is a is kind of a mishmash of random questions. I also only picked a few blogs to nominate. It is much harder than one would think to pick 10 that haven't already been nominated.
Questions for the nominees:
1. What is your favorite article of clothing you own?
2. Do you have any hidden talents?
3. Do you give yourself any clothes shopping "rules" that you must stick to?
4. What colors do you see the most of when you open your closet?
5. Have you ever refashioned a piece of clothing? If so, what did you make?
6. If you had the chance to share just one Bible verse with someone, which would you choose?
7. Do you have any pets?
8. What is your favorite vintage/antique item you own?
9. Do you know more than one language (ASL, Braille, etc. count too.)
10. Flats or heels?
Merry at Each Little Bird That Sings
Becca and Bethany at Clever Bunnies
Laura at Living and Dressing for My Savior