Thursday, May 1, 2014

Liebster Award!

Today my blog was nominated for a Liebster Award...twice!!

The Liebster award is a fun award given to bloggers with 200 followers or less to encourage them to keep up their great work and to help others to discover those lesser known blogs. Thank you to both Ireland from Ireland Rhea and Paige from Sunday Best and All the Rest for nominating my blog!



                 

Liebster Award Rules-if you choose to participate:)
Acknowledge the blog that nominated you. 
Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger created. 
List 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers that deserve some recognition. 
Write 11 questions for them to answer. 
Notify them they've been nominated. 

Answers to Ireland's Questions:

1. What is the one thing you do everyday, almost without fail?
The past few weeks for breakfast I've been having a plain bagel with cream cheese and either dried cranberries or apricots for breakfast. That's basically breakfast everyday unless we're out of bagels, cream cheese, or dried fruit.

2. What do you like most about where you live?
Everything is in such close proximity. I could ride a bike to both of my jobs!

3. What would you like to accomplish by the end of 2014?
It would be a lot of fun to be able to run my Etsy shop and blog full time by the end of this year, however, I know it would be a TON of hard work too. That's the goal though, if not by the end of this year then maybe next year or the year after that. We'll see what God has planned. 

4. What's the last book you read that you would HIGHLY recommend me?
The Story of the Trapp Family Singers by Maria von Trapp is really good and very funny! She has a wonderful sense of humor and talks a lot about her family, their singing, being refugees from Austria during World War 2. She has such a charming way of telling about the experiences God led them through and the opportunities He provided for them in Austria, America, and around the world! (It's the book, that The Sound of Music is based on.)

5. Your favorite style of music?
Traditional hymns, folk music, and just about anything from the swing era. Depends on what I'm in the mood to listen to.

6. One thing about you that you want the world to know?
Galatians 6:14 

7. Quick! Pick one. Winter, spring, summer, or fall.
Spring.

8. What is your view on staying healthy... inside and out?
Physically: Mainly I try to eat healthy, for the most part. My sleeping habits are not the greatest. Spiritually: make sure to set aside and spend time with The Lord and in His Word every day.

9. If your blog has to do with fashion, who is your favorite celebrity in terms of style inspiration? If your blog has nothing to do with that, then what is your favorite sport to watch on TV?
I'll answer both since I've made some fashion posts even thought I'm not strictly a fashion blogger. I don't really draw fashion ideas from one celebrity. I often draw inspiration from a lot of classic musical costumes and will try to find things that remind me of a piece of certain costumes I admire. 
I don't really watch sports, but I can sit through a baseball game if there' snorting else on tv.

10. Who do you look up to when it comes to keeping the faith?
Jesus. He understands what it is like to be human and yet never sinned.  

11. How has your relationship with God changed who you are as a person?
I became a Christian at a young age and I still have shortcomings, but I know that if I repent after I realized I've sinned, I will be forgiven. I guess my relationship with God has caused me to be more forgiving of others too.


Answers to Paige's Questions: 

1. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Definitely a night owl.

2. Do you prefer dogs, cats, both or neither?
I love both!

3. Where did you get your name?
Blog name or real name? My blog name a friend suggested to me when I posted a Facebook status asking friends to help me come up with a name. My real name is just a name my mom liked. 

4. Do you have an unusual talent?
Hm...I used to be able to put my legs over my shoulders. I haven't tried it for a very long time.

5. Would you rather show up at an event over-dressed or under-dressed?
Overdressed! I love dressing up and don't care if I'm slightly overdressed.

6. If given a choice, would you rather perform singing, dancing, or playing an instrument?
Singing. Though I would love to learn how to play my violin better.

7. What kind of job do you have (to me, this means anything from a career to getting paid to do chores around the house or babysit your siblings)? I work at a library and a craft store. I really like both my jobs!

8. What was the song you last heard? 
Probably "Gonna Fly Now" from Rocky. That's what I set to wake up to on my alarm clock at 6:30am the other day.

9. Food you last ate?
Scrambled eggs with black pepper, cheddar cheese, sausage, and artichoke heart.

10. Part of the Bible you last read? 
I just finished reading Esther yesterday.

11. Is there any quality you think the Lord is growing in you right now (e.g., patience, love, trust)? I think He's growing me in a lot of areas right now, patience is definitely one of them.



My Questions for the nominees:

1. What is your favorite pattern to work from? If you don't use patterns, have you ever made a project multiple times? 

2. Who taught you your craft(s)?

3. What do you consider your biggest crafting accomplishment?

4. How did you get into blogging?

5. Have you ever made a mistake but manage to salvage the project and make it a success?

6. Where do you find the most inspiration for the things you make?

7. Do you have an Etsy shop? If so, please post the link. :)

8. What is one craft that you would love to learn?

9. Depending on your main hobby, what is your least favorite type of fabric/yarn/paint to work with?

10. What is the longest amount of time you've spent in a craft store or browsing craft supplies online?

11.  What sort of project are you currently working on?



The girls who nominated me have blogs that focus on fashion. I do make posts about fashion, but more often my posts are about crafting so I nominated other craft bloggers for the Liebster Award. :) I'm sort of following suit nominating less than 11 bloggers. 

Nominees:
Ashley from Say It Ain't Sew
Megan and Rachel from The Path Less Raveled
Rebecca from Rebecca's Crochet
Judy from Sew Blessed Maw
Hana - Marmota from Marmota's Dress Diaries

6 comments:

  1. It helps me to remember that God has forgiven my past, present, and future sins already, and I should repent because I love him and am convicted.

    That's a great book recommendation! :) I'm kind of in love with The Sound of Music, and while I've read ABOUT the actual book, I've never read the actual book. I will add it to my reading list :)

    It was fun reading your answers! This is a fun award.

    Ireland

    http://irelandrhea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a fun award! Thanks again for nominating me! :)

      Delete
  2. It was fun to read your answers Jill! The book by Maria Von Trapp sounds really interesting, I agree with you on the overdressed part and it sounds like you have great jobs! Our local library is one of my favorite places on earth. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very good book! Maria von Trapp actually wrote quite a few books and they are all very good reads! Thanks so much for nominating me, I had a lot of fun answering the questions. :)

      Delete
  3. Fun! Thanks for nominating us too. I will try to answer the questions soon. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for nominating me for the award, I appreciate it so much.. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete