Tuesday, May 27, 2014

What's in a Name?

I feel like I need a name for Tuesday posts because "Favorite Things Friday" has a name. It really it that and my unusual need to be pretty organized which has turned into more of an organized chaos as of late.

Anywho...

I'm beginning to accumulate my WIP pile again. I have the gargantuafghan, still nearly done, but not quite and these three beauties. Well, two. The two blue-green color projects are from pattern.

 At the top there is the lovely Glitz at the Ritz shawl which is slightly more finished than the last time I posted about it. Middle is the Kerry Shrug. Both patterns can be found on Ravelry. The bottom picture is a result of last night's efforts to crochet a realistic (for the most part) looking bluebird. I tried in both 2 and 3 dimensions. There are still a lot of changes to be made to both patterns. 


Oh, I almost forgot...I am so excited for the Medieval themed Summer Reading Program at the library! The main reason why I am so excited is because my boss asked me to sew a canopy from a pattern she bought. I get to sew at work! Which, in a way, this means I'll get paid for sewing. That makes me a professional seamstress, right? Ha, maybe not! I think I'll forgo that title until I see how this canopy turns out.

8 comments:

  1. Here's my long shot suggestion for a name: Too Cute Tuesday

    Clara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is pretty cute, Clara! I like the sound of it. I'm trying to think about how I could make it a little more craft oriented. :)

      Delete
  2. It looks like you have some fun projects in the works; the bluebird is darling!
    Oooh, a medieval themed Summer Reading Program! I used to do those when I was younger. Please post pictures of the canopy if it works out. :)
    Hmm...name ideas? Tuesday Tidbits? Tuesday Tidings? Tangled Skein Tuesdays? Tuesday Cables? Stitch in Time Tuesdays? Is that too many ideas? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paige! I will definitely take pictures of the canopy when it's up. Thanks for all the name suggestions too. I sure have a lot to choose from now!

      Delete
    2. Looking forward to it. :)
      And you're welcome.

      Delete
  3. Hmmm…what about Tuesday's Tamperings?
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Add on to my last comment….Tampering meaning messing with project not in a judicial sense like tampering with evidence….:D
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I like that one too, but I think I'm still leaning toward something specifically craft oriented in the title. Hmmm...decisions, decisions.

      Delete