Saturday, June 21, 2014

1 Maxi 3 Days || Day 2

Today I sort of had it in mind to wear my skirt as a dress even though I pulled out a shirt when I was putting the outfit together. The elastic on this skirt fits so well that I didn't feel like I needed a tank top underneath and the cardigan made it unnecessary as well, so it was a strapless "dress." I was actually surprised at how much I liked the look! I would never have tried it if I hadn't take part in Ashely's challenge from her blog, http://www.bramblewoodfashion.com.


Skirt: Family Dollar
Belt: Charlotte Russe
Cardigan: gift
Shoes: I got them so long ago that I can't remember!!


10 comments:

  1. Wow! Yours looks so nice this way too! I don't think I'd ever get mine to look that good on me that way.

    dance a real

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Hannah! Both of your outfits have been great so far! Can't wait to see day 3!

      Delete
  2. Wow, how cute! That skirt works so well as a dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again, Lauren! I was pleasantly surprised myself when I decided to style the skirt this way.:)

      Delete
  3. I've never seen a maxi skirt with that print - so cute + original!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Houndstooth has always felt like a wintry print to me, so I decided to use this skirt for the challenge to try and style it for spring/summer. :)

      Delete
  4. Cute! This skirt looks really good as a dress :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paige! I'm thinking that I may have to try wearing my other maxi skirts like this now just to see how they look.

      Delete
  5. That is really cool!
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete