Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Tuesday Cables || Paisley

Back in February I mentioned that I'd bought a serger. I used it to sew a dress (and many more things since then) that turned out a little too big for me. I let it sit for the past six months and just a few days ago took it out of my closet and decided to fit it. I don't have much experience fitting things. At all. I put the dress inside out on my dress form and pulled the side seams until the dress was snug and pinned it together. Next, I followed the pins with a chalk liner and serged the new edges. It fit perfectly! 


I wish I had taken pictures of the process, but I only have a couple of outfit pictures from after church. I used a paisley quilting cotton that I can't remember the name of now. I'm getting a little braver with prints and vintage inspired. This is a very busy print, but I'm happy with how the dress turned out, even though it took six months to finish.  

Last week I went a little crazy with sewing and made a couple other articles of clothing. I haven't had a chance to take pictures of them yet, so check back next week to see what else I've made. :)



4 comments:

  1. I like the vintage shape of this dress! It's fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paige! It's a Simplicity pattern but I can't remember the number off the top of my head.

      Delete
  2. Love your dress, and the paisley fabric is gorgeous... So happy you fixed it..Looks nice on you.

    ReplyDelete