Friday, January 9, 2015

Tuesday Things Friday

Friday again so soon! It has become clear to me over the past few weeks that I really need to either A) Write my Tuesday posts on some other day so all there is to do on Tuesday is click "publish." Or B) Change my Tuesday posts to some other day altogether!

Craft-wise here is what's been happening. Aprons. Going slowly. I think I'm going to try my own design for the next one. I used a pattern for this one but absolutely loathe sewing the flounce on the bottom. I'm also learning how to use my mother-in-law's Singer Inspiration sewing machine which is quite a bit different from my Brother machine. 

I love these pins! They remind me of gumballs! Yes, I am very easily amused.


There seems to be a problem with thread tension because the bottom thread keeps bunching up. It may be the bobbin too, but I won't be able to find out until I use up all the thread on my current bobbin and wind a different one. The (not so) funny thing is that the thread bunching only happens when I'm sewing in reverse. 

Here's what I've finished so far. It's only a half apron so that waistband is all that's left. Hopefully I can figure out the thread tension issue before I start the next one! I didn't realize I was still styling my wrist pincushion until after I took the picture.


4 comments:

  1. Tension issues are so annoying! Hope you get it worked out soon. The apron is cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! And this one is frustrating me more than usual because it's only happening in when I'm holing down the reverse button!

      Delete
  2. Looks like it's well on its way to being a very pretty apron! All the best on the waistband!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I didnt have time to work on it this past weekend, but hopefully tomorrow I'll have completed and another one started, if not finished as well! :)

      Delete