Friday, February 13, 2015

Favorite Things Friday || A Picture

enjoy musicals and old/classic/historic music very much and in some situations like to consider myself somewhat of a musical history guru, but the better term is probably "nerd." A few years ago I went to a Civil War renactment and was thrilled when they played The Battle Hymn of the Republic, Rally Round the Flag , and When Johnny Comes Marching Home. Recently, though I haven't decided if I'll actually do it yet, I thought it would be fun to learn the state songs of all 50 states! 

Back to a few years ago again... I was going through some old pictures that my grandfather's cousin had saved. One of my favorites is this one. I don't know exactly who the people are, I think they are distant cousins who lived in Oregon.  What I love about this picture is that they are sitting in front of a piano and that you can see the sheet music on the piano behind them. According to the Wikipedia page, the sheet music is a 1917 copy of Back Home Again in Indiana, otherwise known as what the music shows, Indiana. 


I hope you enjoyed this brief look into my elusive family history.
I'm going to try to find a couple of other favorites of mine from this same collection of old photos so I can share them in later posts.

6 comments:

  1. I love the old family photo, I can see why it is a favorite.. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen. I certainly do treasure it. :)

      Delete
  2. oh, how fun.. SO wonderful that these old photos were saved.. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Judy! :) I'm so glad they were saved too. Old photos are so interesting to look at.

      Delete
  3. A very cool image, with so many interesting aspects. I am not much in to history but I do enjoy vintage photos!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie! I love seeing the styles change through the years in the decades worth of photos that were saved. :)

      Delete