Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Tuesday Cables || Doilies Again

I have been having so much fun crocheting doilies lately! Currently I'm finishing up the edging of my third (in recent history) doily which was also my first filet crochet project!  I may keep at it and buy some fun thread colors. Hmmm... I do like the nice crisp, clean, classic look of the white though. 

These are my two latest...

Wedding Rings Doily:
http://www.crochetmemories.com/patterns/wedding-rings-doily.php
I loved the look of the interlocking rings on this doily! I've been wanting to crochet something like that for a long time. I think I'm all set for a little while now. Crocheting a total of twenty four rings tomake twelve interlocking sets got very repetitive and tedious with weaving in ends on each ring. I must say, it was so worth it. I do love the way this doily looks. Just have to finish weaving in a few more ends. This one will be going in the shop. So check back if you're interested. If you happen to be really interested feel free to email me at thewizardofoddsandends@gmail.com and I can reserve it for you.


Bread Tray Doily:
http://freevintagecrochet.com/doilies/7131-doily-pattern.html
This doily was so much fun to make. The filet crochet was so simple. The way this vintage pattern is written got confusing for me though so I decided to just do my best to copy the look of the edging. So far it looks pretty well, but I haven't gotten a picture of it at that point yet.


I had to post this from my iPad today so things might be a little bit funky.
Hope you all had a great weekend!




6 comments:

  1. So pretty! I would just love to learn this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! Doilies are so much fun to make! They're pretty simple once you get the hang of some basic crochet stitches. I think they're better than making a lot of other things because it doesn't matter too much if the doily come out a little larger or smaller than the pattern specifies.

      You have a lovely blog! :)

      Delete