Monday, February 2, 2015

Tuesday Cables || Looks Like Snow

Last week was SO busy but now I'm back on track. We were supposed to get a huge snowstorm a week ago Monday night but only ended up with about 6 inches. Not enough to make cleaning up a big pain. (It was still a little pain.) and just enough to go sledding!! The birds don't seem to mind too much. It looks pretty chilly though.


I finally finished my doily and now when I look at it all I can picture is one giant snowflake.  I really enjoyed this pattern. The only thing I didn't like were the "chain 6" instructions for the mesh at the edges. When I started going around and having to slip stitch the following rows, I had to tweak some things to make it look even because, obviously,  6 has no center. It turned out alright. The stitches are pretty tight but I think that could have been fixed by using one hook size larger. I think I'm going to use one size up on the next pattern with this thread.


And about the aprons, I finished the second one and am just about done with the third. Making the same pattern three times in a row is pretty amazing for me. Usually I never enjoy making the same thing twice, but these were fairly simple and enjoyable to sew. I'm hoping to have all three aprons posted on Etsy by the end of this week and hopefully get out and buy a little more fabric. Not sure if I'll be making more aprons or if I'll try something else. It is much more exciting to think about sewing now that I have a fully functioning machine!! Knock on wood.


6 comments:

  1. I really, really like your doily! It turned out just beautifully! I do not crochet - only knit and would love to find a pattern for a knitted doily. Have lovely day. ~L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Have you ever tried crochet? I can knit and crochet but crocheting just seems easier and faster for me. I also just Googled "knitted doily" and there were quite a few free pattern results. I never knew doilies could be knitted! Good luck finding a pattern and happy knitting!

      Delete
  2. Ooh, a snow storm! I'm glad that it wasn't too bad...and that you got to go sledding. ;)
    The doily is so pretty! :) Good job tweaking the mesh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paige! The snow is beginning to melt now. I like my new home. The snow seems to stay around just long enough to be enjoyed.

      Delete