Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Tuesday Cables: This, That, and the Other Thing

This:
I finished the bread doily!! I couldn't really understand the pattern instructions for the edging. I don't know if it was my lack of patience, the way the pattern was printed, or a true lack of understanding. I just made up something that I think looks pretty similar. When I completed the last stitch I felt a little like Dorothy reaching the Emerald City. "At last! At last!" Of course, as I've said the last few posts, I still need to weave in the ends. Same goes for the second project too.
 Vintage Bread Tray Doily Pattern



Yesterday I became an aunt for the second time! Of course when I was texted that the arrival of the baby was imminent yesterday, my knee-jerk reaction was to grab my yarn and log into Facebook, refreshing the page between rows waiting for the very first baby picture to be posted! The results of which are this, a hat and booties. I. love. crocheting. booties. They are such a fast project and, oh my goodness, you end up with an incredibly adorable miniature shoe in your hand!!
Bev's Easy Round Baby Hat
10 Minute Booties by Lisa Auch




That: I'm attempting to do a style challenge this month I'm starting today, the posts will start a week from tomorrow. I hope you all enjoyed Paige's guest post on Friday. It sort of inspired me to do some sort of fashion challenge for March. I did a little Google search and found Modesty With a Capital M. She made up her own style challenge for this month and I liked the list so I'm going to try to stick with it for the remainder of the month.

The Other Thing:
It might be time for a name change. Haha, I know I literally and legally just changed my own name recently, (as in "My new driver's license came in the mail yesterday," recently) but I think a blog name change might be on the horizon....
I'll definitely keep you all updated.  It'll be a bit of an overhaul of Facebook, Pinterest, everything, but I think it's going to happen. Cue mysterious music. Sorry to leave you all hanging there. It's just been on my mind. More Spring cleaning I guess. It's sleeting as I type this. Cruel irony.


16 comments:

  1. The doily is amazing! And I love the booties too. I am going to pin that pattern for the day when my crochet skills are up to par. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Megan! I'm sure it won't be long before you crochet the booties. You're so talented and the booties don't really use any really fancy stitches.

      Delete
    2. I need to learn how to read patterns first! I got a great flapper-style hat pattern on Etsy that I want to crochet and that is my motivation to learn. :)

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to finding out your new blog name if you do decide to change it! The fashion challenge sounds like we're in for a lot of neat posts. You did a great job on the hat and booties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Bethany! I'm pretty excited about switching things up slightly. Hopefully it's not so much that it gets overwhelming for me or my readers! I'll just have to pace myself.

      Delete
  3. Both projects turned out beautifully. I crocheted for years and now I am addicted to knitting!! Good luck with your spring cleaning, I am not good with any kind of changes to my blog. It's a long story but it involved a lot of tears!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie. I wish I could knit better, but I'm glad to be enjoying the crocheting right now. I'm not so sure that I won't shed a few tears when I try to change a few things. Hopefully they'll be happy tears when all is said and done.

      Delete
  4. Love the little booties! They are so cute! That is a beautiful doily too! Will be excited to see what the name for the blog will be! Glad I got to read a little update in your life...congrats on being an Aunt, again! :)
    Blessings,
    Sarah
    http://allthingsvintage-sc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah. I was glad to see you're blogging about your adventures again too!

      Delete
  5. You are so talented, Jill! I've tried my hand at crocheting several times & it's always a flop so I admire your skills! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Rosi, Thank you so much! I've tried to teach my mom to crochet before but she hasn't gotten the hang of it yet either. It takes a little time. Have you tried knitting? I know if some people have trouble with one, they usually grasp the skills of the other pretty well and end up really enjoying that craft!

      Delete
  6. Awesome post!! I love Modesty with a capital M!! I can't wait to read more of your posts!!!

    maddysdigitaldiary.wordpress.com
    girlslivingforgodsglory.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for commenting, Maddy! I love to know when new readers enjoy what they see here! :)

      Delete
  7. Fun projects! I like the colors that you chose for the baby hat and booties. :D
    Ooh, looking forward to hearing the new name and seeing your new challenge! It can be exciting to change things up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paige! I'm excited to make a few changes but I'm still going back and forth about it in my head.It's SO daunting and exciting at the same time.

      Delete
  8. I'm so excited to see what you come up with for my blog challenge! Thanks for giving it a try! :-)

    Naomi
    livingasmodestgirls.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete